Plan a vacation to Italy
Over 40 million tourists visit Italy every year, making it one of the world's most popular vacation destinations. This designation is well-earned, as Italy has a lot offer to tourists of all ages.
Are you thinking about planning a vacation to Italy? Look around online for travel websites that offer Italy vacation package deals. Italy may be the home of high fashion of extravagant wines, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to find a cheap Italy vacation deal.
However, if you want to make it a larger trip, add another European country to your time away. For example, if you vacation in the north of Italy, you could easily cross the border in the northwest and add a brief vacation to France to your trip.
Wouldn't it be romantic to live, even for a brief time, in a small Italian house, surrounded by fields of grapes? If this sounds good to you, we recommend that you look into the Italy vacation rentals industry. Instead of staying in a boring hotel, you can rent a home in the Italian countryside and live like an Italian during your vacation.
Top Five Things to Do
Italy is jam-packed with fantastic tourist destinations. Seeing Rome is the obvious first choice, as the ancient city features some of the world's most impressive sights (such as the Colosseum). However, there's so much more that's worth seeing beyond a typical Rome vacation. During your time in Italy, we recommend the following activities:
- Go shopping in Milan. What vacation is complete without a shopping spree? In the city of Milan, you can shop like you've never shopped before. Milan is considered by many to be the fashion capital of the world. It's the home of Armani and Versace, among many other top names in fashion. Walk the streets and you'll find window shopping like you've never seen before.
- See the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Taking a picture with the Leaning Tower is a must for every tourist who visits Italy. This freestanding bell tower was poorly constructed and now leans slightly to the southwest.
- Tour wine cellars in Tuscany. The wine produced in Italy is among the most famous (and delicious) in the world. The Tuscany region features beautiful rolling hills, covered with vineyards and small villages. Many wine cellars are open to the public and they are quite a sight to see, especially for lovers of fine wine.
- Hit the beach. Italy boasts miles and miles of beautiful coastline. Some of the most popular destinations include the Adriatic and Amalfi coasts and the Italian Riviera. Sicily and Sardinia also offer long stretches of sandy beach. If sitting in the sun isn't enough to get you excited, you can participate in water sports and even go scuba diving.
- Hit the slopes. Italy offers some excellent skiing. The city of Turin, located at the foot of the Italian Alps, hosted the 2006 Winter Olympics, so there are plenty of great winter sports facilities in the area. After a day or skiing or snowboarding, Turin offers a great nightlife.