Plan a vacation to France
With over 80 million visitors every year, France ranks as the number one tourist destination in the world (ahead of Spain and the United States). If you're planning a vacation to France, you certainly won't lack things to do when you get there.
There are many online travel agencies that offer fantastic deals on France vacation packages. Look around and you'll probably be able to find a cheap flight and a good deal on a hotel. Or, if you're a little more adventurous, you could forget staying in a hotel and opt for a France vacation rental home. Wouldn't it be romantic to stay in a French cottage or farmhouse in the beautiful countryside? You could also hop next door and see what a vacation in Germany has to offer.
Top Five Things to Do
France is full of world-class tourist destinations. During your time in France, we recommend the following activities:
- Climb the Eiffel Tower. No Paris vacation is complete without a trip up the Eiffel Tower. The view at the top of the tower is spectacular. We also highly recommend visiting the base of the tower at night (perhaps with a bottle or two of fine French wine) and gazing up at the tower (it's lit up at night). What could be more romantic?
- Experience breathtaking art at the Louvre. Paris' famous museum, The Louvre, is home to over 30,000 works of art. The Louvre's collection includes da Vinci's Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo.
- Visit the extravagant Palace of Versailles. Located half an hour outside of Paris, the Chateau de Versailles was built in the 17th Century to house Louis XIV and his royal court. It's famous as perhaps the foremost symbol of Louis XIV's absolute monarchy. Today, the palace and its garden are considered to be one of the greatest achievements of French art and architecture.
- Cheer on the Tour De France riders. If you appreciate world-class sporting events, why not plan a Tour De France vacation? Not only will you get the chance to see the beautiful French countryside, you can also get up close and personal with the world's best cyclists.
- Take a ride at Disneyland Paris. Yes, there is a Disney resort just outside of Paris. Much like Disneyland and Disney World, Disneyland Paris (formerly Euro Disney) features rides, hotels and other attractions that are visited by millions of tourists every year.